The Church of the Transfiguration was built in 1902. The deteriorating church was put up for sale and purchased by the Cleveland Clinic in 2011, and was slated for demolition to build a new hotel near the hospital. WR Restoration was hired to salvage the historical elements of the church, including stone work, stained glass and the carved wooden pulpit before demolition.
The largest aspect of the project was the sandstone facade. Piece by piece, the facade was taken apart, and the pieces were then labeled according to a corresponding map, and sent to a facility where the facade would be reassembled at a later date.
To learn more about this project and the artifacts it uncovered, click here.